Updated: Jan 18, 2019
This quick "how to" guide walks you through removing "Find My iPhone" from your Apple device step by step.
Disabling on your Phone:
1. Go to settings on your device
2. Tap [your name]'s iCloud
3. Tap turn off Find My Device
4. Enter your Apple ID and password
5. Then tap 'Turn Off'
If you can't access your iCloud settings on your phone then turn off the device and visit iCloud.com on a laptop or tablet.
Disabling on iCloud.com
1. Sign in with your Apple ID and password
2. Click 'Find iPhone' box
3. Click 'All Devices' at the top of the screen
4. Select the device you want to remove
5. If you want to wipe the phone before removing, click 'Erase iPhone'
6. Click 'Remove from Account'